WP6: Process optimization by molecular approaches
In this Work Package, available genome information will be used to develop genetic strategies.
WP6 Lead partner: ULSTER UNIVERSITY (ULSTER-UK)
WP6 Lead contact person: Ibrahim M. Banat (Professor)
Email: Contact person by email
- To complete analysis and annotation of bacterial genomes from organisms from the culture collection that are currently being sequenced.
- To identify the organisms from the culture collection which are sufficiently well-characterised genetically or have close relatives that are well characterised and offer potential for genetic improvement.
- To identify genetic manipulation strategies and techniques, principally knockout approaches, that can be used to increase production of target SAs or to modify the congener profile produced.
- To investigate gene expression profiles for SA synthetic genes to inform fermentation strategies.
Partners participating in this WP:
- HERIOT WATT UNIVERSITY (HWU)
- ULSTER UNIVERSITY (ULSTER)