WP1: Industry-driven screening to identify SAs to meet end-user needs
This Work package is dedicated to the development of semi-throughput screening method for targeted identification of SAs required by industry.
WP1 Lead partner: Heriot Watt University (HWU)
WP1 Lead contact person: Tony Gutierrez (Associate Professor)
Email: Contact person by email
- Development of a tailored innovative screening programme to identify SA-producing strains from a unique bacterial collection (>700 strains) based on SA characteristics that are in demand by the end-users.
- Selection of a subset of strains producing SAs with high emulsifying and/or surfactant qualities for further evaluation in WP2.
- Determination of pre-optimised SA yields and location of production in culture.
Partners participating in this WP:
- HERIOT WATT UNIVERSITY (HWU)
- APIVITA, S.A (APIVITA)
- Marlow Foods Limited
- MACPHIE of Glenbervie LTD
- NANOIMMUNOTECH, S.L. (NIT)