WP5: Optimization of fermentation and production of SAs
This Work Package focuses on the optimization of fermentation and the production of SAs.
WP5 Lead partner: ULSTER UNIVERSITY (ULSTER-UK)
WP5 Lead contact person: Ibrahim M. Banat (Professor)
Email: Contact person by email
- To carry out small-scale fermenter studies in order to maximise/optimise the production of sufficient yields of selected SAs for structural elucidation and more detailed evaluation of functional characteristics.
- To explore protocols and fine-tune the experimental conditions of non-standard methods for high-yield production
- To carry out larger-scale (pilot) fermentation production runs and develop downstream separation techniques to provide sufficient quantities of selected SAs for industrial end-users for proof-of-concept evaluations.
- To develop an industrially relevant DSP method.
- To produce sufficient product for WP7.
Partners participating in this WP:
- HERIOT WATT UNIVERSITY (HWU)
- ULSTER UNIVERSITY (ULSTER)
- BIO BASE EUROPE PILOT PLANT (BBEPP)
- ACONDICIONAMIENTO TARRASSENSE (LEITAT)
- UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS (UPAT)